Registering a new business
- Click on register business link on the welcome page.
- Registering business involves multiple steps; Business Details, Tax details, and Owner details.
- Business Details: Fill out the relevant fields; select the appropriate currency & Time zone; click on Next. Time Zone & Currency can be different for different registered businesses.
- Tax Details: You should fill out at least one Tax name and Tax number. Tax is like GST/VAT which varies for different countries. Fill details & click on next.
- Owner Details: Provide asked details. Username & Password are used to login so make sure you remember them.
- The owner created during this registration will be admin of the business. More admin can be added/edited/deleted from user management section.
- Click on the register button and after successful registration, it will get redirected to login screen. Login with owner username/password created.
Note: You can change any of the above details in the business settings section.
Setting Business Multiple Locations or Ware House or Storefronts
ultimatePOS comes with the option to handle multiple business locations or WareHouse or Storefronts for your business.
A default location is added to the newly created business.
Invoice Scheme: Before creating a new location or storefront, you can define a new Invoice scheme or you can use existing invoice schemes. But having different invoice schemes for locations can help you to identify them.
Invoice Scheme is invoice number format. (Read More)
Invoice Layout: If you wish to have a different invoice layout for the location then you should create an invoice layout before creating a new location. (Read More)
You can always change invoice scheme & Invoice Layout for a Business location anytime.
- To create a new Business Location / Storefront or warehouse go to “settings -> Business Locations”
- Fill the business details.
- Choose an Invoice scheme & Invoice Layout for the location.
– When having multiple locations you will have to select the Location while adding purchases or in the pos screen.
- Inventory and transactions are managed separately for each location you create so that you can easily track and analyze them for each location.
- User Management -> Users -> Add New
- Fill the user details, select user role, give a unique username.
- Sales Commission Percentage (%): Provide the commission % for this user. This option gets applied if commission agent feature is enabled. (Not available in UltimatePOS-LITE)
- : Activate/Deactivate the user.
- You can edit/delete a user.
Assigning Location to a user
- Every new business comes with some default roles – Admin & Cashier.
Admin have all permissions in the application.
Cashier have permission to only POS section.
- You can create a role by clicking on Add button -> Giving a role name and then selecting the appropriate permission for that role.
- Sometime you may need to give a user access to a/some particular location(s) only. In this case, select the locations from “Access locations” permission. Select “All Locations” to give permission to access all locations for your business.
- Roles permissions can be edited & Deleted.
Note: You must update the role of an existing user before deleting a role.
Using Commission Agent
(Not available in UltimatePOS-LITE)
Commission Agent is useful for many businesses. Businesses pay sales agent/commission agent commission on every sale they bring.
Enabling & Choosing Commission Agent Type:
By default Commission Agent is Disabled. You can enable it from Settings -> Business Settings -> Sales. Sales Commission Agent drop-down.
You will see 3 different types:
- Logged in User: If this option is used then the Logged in User will be automatically considered as the commission agent for the sales added by him. Meaning the user adding the sales will get the commission for the sales.
- Select from User’s List: If this option is enabled then in POS & Sales Screen you will see the list of “users” present in your business. The user adding the sales will select the commission agent from the list of users displayed.
- Select from Commission Agent List: If this option is enabled then in POS & Sales Screen you will see the list of “Sales Commission Agents” present in your business. The user adding the sales will select the commission agent from the list of “Sales Commission Agents” displayed.
Select the option as per your business requirements.
Adding Commission Percentage:
You can add commission % while adding/editing the User or Sales Commission Agent
Calculating Commission Amount:
To See the commission amount, Go to Reports -> Sales Representative Report.
Select the User for which you want to see the commission amount.
On selecting it will show you the details summary of Total Sale, Total Sale Commission & Total Expense. Also, the table below that lists all the transactions.
Customer & Supplier Ledger
To view customer or supplier ledger
- Go to Contacts -> Supplier/Customer
- In that screen you will be able to see Ledger for the customer or supplier.
- You can select a date-range and use the checkbox filters to show/hide certain transaction type.
Adding Suppliers & Customers
- Goto Contacts -> Suppliers or Customer
- Click on add new contact. Select contact type – Supplier/Customer/Both
- Based on selecting it will show the relevant fields. Fill the relevant details.
- Pay Terms: This will help the system to notify you of any pending payments for suppliers & customer. You can specify pay term in either days or months.
- Customer Group: Read details here. (Not available in UltimatePOS-LITE)
Viewing Suppliers & Customers
- To view details about a Supplier or Customer click on View button. It will show the complete details along with the relevant transactions (Purchases & Sales) for that contact.
- Pay Due amount: You can use this button to pay the due amount for a customer or supplier. This will pay the overall due amount for all invoices.
With customer Groups, you can classify a customer as Retail Customers, WholeSale Customer, Friends, Colleagues and whatever you will love to…
1. To add a “Customer Group” go to Contacts -> Customer Groups & Click on “Add” button.
2. It will show a popup asking for customer group name & Calculation Percentage.
Calculation percentage is used to calculate selling price.
– Suppose if the Selling Price set for a product Product1 is $200
– Customer Group Name = Friend
Calculation Percentage = -20
– Note: -20 (notice a minus sign) or you may set it 20 = +20%
– And you have created a customer with Harry with Customer Group assigned as Friend.
– Now go to pos or Sell screen. Select the customer Harry and add the product1.
– You will notice that the selling price set for the product1 will be 200-20% = $160
This is how customer Group works.
Customer Group does an internal calculation and applied the calculation percentage to the selling price. It will not show a separate discount on the invoice or the pos screen.
This feature is highly useful when you have retail, wholesale or different customer categories.
You can view report for different customer group from “Customer Groups Report” or in other terms if you have retail and wholesale customer group you can see which type of customer group is giving more sale.
- Go to – Products > Add Products.
- Provide a Product Name,
SKU: Add a unique SKU which will be used to identify the product & Print barcode in labels. Leave it empty to auto-generate it. You can also add a Prefix for auto-generated SKU.
Barcode Type: Select a barcode type, default/recommended is C128 option. We recommend changing if only if the product added already have an SKU number for it.
Not For Selling: If a product is maked not-for-selling then it will not be displayed in POS or sales screen. This can be useful when using manufacturing module to make the ingredients as product not-for-selling also if you want to temporary disable selling for some products.
Alert Quantity: Alert quantity is used to alert when remaining stocks reaches to this level or below it.
Manage stock: Enable/Disable stock management at a product level. Product stock management is not required for services like Repairing, Hair Cutting, Web Development Printing. For items with Manage Stock Unchecked (disabled), you can sell them in unlimited quantities. Selling of service using UltimatePOS
- Select Applicable tax for that product. Adding Tax
- Product Type:
- Applicable for products with no variation with them then select single
- When selecting Single product – You will need to enter the Default product price including/excluding tax, Profit Margin % (you can set default profit margin from settings -> Business Settings; this will help to type % every time). Based on the profit margin it will auto calculate selling price excluding of Tax. You can also enter the selling price manually and it will auto adjust the profit margin for you.Variable: (Not available in UltimatePOS-LITE)
- Applicable to a product having variations (like size or color or design or flavors etc) You can define variation templates from Products -> Variations. The advantage of creating variation is that it saves time to add same variations multiple time.
- When selecting Variable product – It will display different fields to add all variations and its related Purchase price, Selling Price. You have to select the variations from the dropdown and it will auto-populate the variations for that template. You can change the variable name, Variation values.
- Read more about adding variations
- Click on Save.
You can edit a product. You can also Copy / Export to CSV, PDF or Excel file.
Adding Products with multiple variations:
If you have products which involve multiple variations like for example a Shirt can have Color & Size variation, then we have multiple ways to work with it:
Solution 1, Create combined variation: Can a variation with a name “Color-Size” and add values like Red-Small, Red-Medium, Red-Large, etc, this can be used for while adding the Shirt.
Solution 2, Create multiple Products: Create multiple different products like Shirt-Red, Shirt-Green, Shirt-Blue with size as variations. When you create multiple products you will NOT have to enter the same details multiple times, first, add the Shirt-Red with all size variations of it and then use the Duplicate Product action to copy the data.
Deactivating & Activating Product:
Refer to the screenshot.
(Not available in UltimatePOS-LITE)
- Variations can be added from Products -> Variations menu.
- These variations are used in variable products product.
Different Products have different units. ultimatePOS allows you to add different units of products.
- Go to Settings -> Units
- Give the unit name, a short name and choose if want unit to allow decimals.
Allow Decimal: Yes.
Allowing decimal allows you to purchase/Sell the product in decimal and vice-versa.
This can be useful if you purchase products in a different unit and sell it in a different unit.
For example: Purchase in dozens and sell in pieces.
Or purchase in boxes and sell in pieces.
- Add the lower unit from Add Unit Screen. For example pieces.
- Add the higher unit as per the screenshot:
- Check “Add as multiple of other unit”
Provide the conversion Details.
- Use the unit in Add/Edit Product. While adding/editing purchase/ sale you can see the dropdown for units. Select the desired unit and it will change the unit purchase/sales price accordingly.
NOTE: You will not see the main Units (Dozen in this example) in the Add-Product Unit dropdown, select piece as the unit of product. All purchases/sales get saved in the lower unit (pieces in the above example). So after adding purchases/sales if you edit the conversion details, it will affect the purchases/sales quantity accordingly.
Selecting relevant Sub Units for a products
For some products not all sub-units will be required. Suppose for example you sell Oranges only in Dozens or only in pieces then it will be useful.
Enable it from Business settings ->Products -> Enable relevant sub-units
Now when adding products select the Unit for the products and it will give option to select multiple applicable sub-units. Selecting the sub-units will allow you to do purchases or sales on this selected sub-units.
Product Category (Categorizing products)
Categorising products helps you to easily manage and filter them in reports.
Adding Category & Sub-Category
- Go to Settings -> Categories -> Add
- Add Category name, category code(HSN code)
- If the category is sub-category select “Add as sub-category” and select the parent category.
Enabling expiry for products
- “Add Item expiry” => Choose this option if you want to directly add the expiry of the item in purchase screen.
- “Add manufacturing date & Expiry date” => Choose this option if you want to add the manufacturing date of the item and the expiry period. Based on the manufacturing date and expiry period it will auto-calculate the expiry date. And this expiry date can be edited. You will have to add expiry period for the product in “Add or Edit Product” screen. And the manufacturing date in “Add Purchase” screen.
- “Keep Selling” => Choose this option if you want the application to keep the selling the product even after expiry.
- “Stop Selling n days before” => Choose this option to stop selling the item n days before the expiry. You will have to specify the value of n (which is number of days before to stop selling)
- FIFO (First In First Out) => In this the old stock should be sold first.
- LIFO (Last In First Out) => In this the most recent purchase stock should be sold.
Stock Expiry Report:
Stock Expiry Alert:
Enabling Lot Number
To enable lot number go to, Settings -> Business Settings -> Purchases
Check the Enable Lot number checkbox and update settings.
Adding Lot number from Purchases
If the lot number is enabled as described above then when adding purchase stock it will display the lot number field for entering the lot number.
Adding lot number from add opening Stock:
If lot number is enabled then when adding opening stock it displays the input field to enter lot number.
Selling products from specific Lot
Refer to the POS selling documentation Lot number description.
Selling Price Groups (Sell in different prices: wholesale/retail or for different prices for different locations)
With UltimatePOS we aim to make it “One in All” POS/Stock Management Application.
This feature is available from UltimatePOS V2.9
Selling price groups allow you to add different prices for a product.
- Sell at different prices: wholesale/retail
- Different prices for different locations
Adding Selling Price Groups:
- Go to products -> Selling Price Group
- Click on “Add” button to add a new price group. For example Retail price or WholeSale price or Bulk Purchase price or Location 1 price etc as per your wish.
- You can view a list of selling prices in “Selling Price Group” screen.
Adding price for different price groups:
- In Add/Edit product screen in the bottom, you will find the button “Save & Add Selling-price-group price”. Click on that button. Note: this button will not be visible if there are no selling price groups.
- In the next screen, you will see the list of the product name (if variable product then all variations), the default price & selling price groups price. Enter the prices for it.
- Click on Save.
Selling at a particular price group:
- Go to POS.
- In the top, you will see the list of selling price groups. Select the one as per your requirement.
Note: This will not be visible if there are no selling price groups or if a user is assigned only one particular price group only.
- Select the prie group & the selling prices for the product will be as per the price group.
Assigning a user to a particular price group:
- Sometime you may want to assign a particular or few selected price group to a user. In that case, create a role with the desired permission & price group assigned.
- You must assign at least one price group for a role if that role has permission to sell.
ultimatePOS comes with an inbuilt feature to print customized labels for products.
You can go to print label screen from multiple places:
- From Products Sidebar menu Products -> Print Labels.
- Go to Products -> View Products and click on Actions -> Labels. This will add the selected product to print label list.
- Go to Purchases -> List Purchases and click on Actions -> Labels. This will add the products from the selected purchase to print label list.
- Once you’re in print label screen, add the products for which you want to print labels by entering the name or barcode/sku id.
- Adjust the quantity of each product’s label (No. of labels).
- Select the information you want to display in labels by checking/unchecking the options under “Information to show in labels” heading.
- Select the Barcode Setting according to your sticker. We have included some commonly used settings.
You can add new setting from Settings -> Barcode Settings menu.
- Click on Preview to view the labels.
- If everything looks good you can click on Print button to print it.
Note: You must set the Margins to ‘default’ in browser print window.
- If some information is getting half displayed because of sticker size, then it is advised to hide them or better to use a 20 Labels Per sheet settings.
Duplicate Products helps you to easily create a new product with the same data as another product, this helps you save repetitive entering of data and ultimately saves time by making the product entry
Correcting product stock mis-match or incorrect stock in different reports
Error 1: Mismatch between sold and purchased quantity
Error 2: Mismatch in stock shows in Stock-Report and sales screen. Sales screen accepts products greater or less than as in stock-reports.
This rarely happens because of some unknown reasons or if you try to manually update the stock in the database.
NOTE: You must have the role of admin for this to work.
Step 1: Go to this URL www.your-pos-website.com/reports/product-stock-details
Step 2: Select the business location and press search button. It will show the list of products for which there is a mismatch.
Step 3: Click on Fix button for each product.
Refer to the screenshot below
- Go to – Purchases -> Add Purchases
- Type Supplier Name or Business name in Supplier field. If the supplier doesn’t exist you must add them from Contacts -> Suppliers -> Add
- Enter Purchase reference number, Purchase date & Order Status.
- Select Business Location: Select a location where you want to add the purchase. You can add new Location from Settings -> Business Locations.
- Type product name or scan the product barcode number. It will show related matched products, select a product to add it to purchase list.
- On adding a new product you can enter purchase quantity, purchase price, and tax information.
- To add discount: Select the discount type (fixed or percentage) and enter the amount. ultimatePOS will auto-calculate the amount after discount.
- Enter purchase tax, Shipping Details, Additional Shipping charges, Payment status, & Additional notes.
You can view the list of purchases from Purchases -> List Purchases.
You can Print Labels for your purchase by Clicking “Print Labels” in List Purchases screen.
See details on printing Labels here.
Sales / Sell
Selling Products, Changing Product Price, Tax & Discount, Lot number & Expiry
Go to – Sell -> POS
By Default, there is “Walk-In Customer”. You can search for a customer by name/customer id or phone number or can add new customer by clicking the plus (+) button “Add Customer”.
Searching & Adding Product:
Enter Product Name Or scan the barcode to search the product. If multiple products are matched then it displays the dropdown of products, selects the product from it. Or if there is a single product then it directly gets added to cart.
Changing Product Price, Tax & Discount for a product
- After the products get added, click on product name to modify product price, tax & discounts.
NOTE: Option for different tax in products will be shown only if Inline tax is enabled. You can enable it from Business Settings -> Tax -> Enable Inline Tax in purchase and sell
Selecting Lot number for a product
- If lot number is enabled then it will show the option to select lot number. (Enabling Lot number)
Selecting Expiry for a product
- Expiry Date: If the expiry date is enabled then it will show the option to select lot number. (Enabling expiry)
To cancel the sales click on the cancel button. Cancel invoices are not saved in the system, so no stock will de deducted.
To finalize the invoice click on Finalize – Add the payment options and save it.
On save it will display an invoice printing option.
NOTE: For invoice to print correctly – The Margins options should be set to “Default”.
List of sales can be viewed from Sell -> List Sales.
List of drafts can be viewed from Sell -> Drafts.
Both Sell & Drafts can be edited to make any changes.
Express Checkout: Express Checkout means the sale will be marked as Paid and payment method will be cash. No separate Payment screen will be displayed. Printing of invoice depends on the business location settings.
Draft & Quotation
This is useful if you want to create a quotation before sales.
Marking a sales as Draft or Quotations will not deduct the available stock.
You can view all Quotations & Drafts from List Quotation or List Draft respectively. Existing draft/Quotation can be edited to make it as final sales.
Suspend Sales means unfinished sale or hold Sale.
Suspended sales stock gets deducted from available stock. You can view all suspended sales by clicking on the Yellow Color button present in very top right of screen (above the date).
Some Use Case of Suspended sales
- In a grocery store, if you have suspended button, you can suspend particular customers sales and entertain another customer, when his comeback you can proceed with his sale.
- In Restaurant, you can suspend the order of customers if not yet paid, and finish it when they finish eating and paid their order, so you can proceed to final sales. You can put Table 1, Table 2, Table 3… so when they finish it’s easy to identify table 3 going to pay.
- In hotel lots of customers check in stay for 2 nights and order some foods and customers say, just charge to room 024. So you can suspend their orders and edit if there is some additional order and suspend again. Until final it when they pay their bills. on Hotel, on Reference Number: Room 009, Room 012
Card / Multiple Pay / Cash
- Multiple Pay: Used when the customer wants to pay with different payment methods like some amount by card, some by cash and some other payment methods. This option is also used when the customer doesn’t pay the exact tender amount and you need to calculate the Return Change.
- Card: Used when the customer wants to pay the complete invoice by card.
- Cash: Used when customer pay the exact amount of invoice by cash. If the customer pays less or more amount then the invoice amount then use Multiple Pay to get change return.
Adding payments from Contact
Go to contact -> Suppliers. Click on actions for the supplier and it will show “Pay Due amount”, click on it and pay the amount. “Pay Due amount” this option is not displayed if there is no payment due.
Adding/Editing Payment Method or Pay-Via
Configuring keyboard shortcuts for POS screen
UltimatePOS supports keyboard shortcuts, by default we have configured shortcuts for different actions in POS screen.
But you can configure it yourself as per your convenience.
To configure keyboard shortcuts, go to Settings -> System Settings. Here in the POS section, you will find a list of Operations and the shortcuts for them.
You can use the Available Key Names with any combination of letters or number to create shortcuts.
– Make sure the shortcuts do not conflict (is not same) with the shortcut of the browser. Making a shortcut same as the browser will have different effects in different browsers.
Discounts by Brand, Category, Location
- Name: Enter a meaning full name for the discount.
- Brand: Select the product brand where it will be applied.
- Category: Select the produc Category where it will be applied.
- Location: Select the location
- Priority: Discount with higher priority will have higher weight, however priority will not be considered for exact matches.
For example: if there are 2 discounts available for the same brand and/or category then the disount with higher priority will be applied.
- Discount type: Fixed or Percentage
- Start At: Start date of the discount.
- End At: Start date of the discount.
- Apply in selling price groups: If checked then the discount will be applied in the selling price group price. If not then it will not be applied.
- Apply in customer groups: If checked then the discount will be applied in the customer group price. If not then it will not be applied.
- Is active: Activate or not.
This feature is available in UltimatePOS 2.15 or higher, released on 7th August, 2019
Enabling reward points:
- Go to Settings -> Business Settings -> Reward Points Settings.
- Click on Enable Reward Point and it will get enabled.
Reward Points Settings:
Reward points settings is divided into 2 parts:
- Earning Points Settings
- Redeem points settings
Earning Points Settings:
- Reward points display name: This is display or label name for reward points. Some people like to keep it as reward points or reward coins etc. Only used for displaying label.
- Amount spent for unit point: Meaning how much the customer spent to get one reward points.
If you set it as 10, then for every $10 spent by customer they will get one reward points.
If the customer purchases for $1000 then they will get 100 reward points.
- Minimum order total to earn reward: The minimum amount the customer should spent to get reward points.
If you set it as 100 then customer will get reward points only if there invoice total is greater or equal to 100. If invoice total is 99 then they won’t get any reward points.
You can set it as minimum 1.
- Maximum points per order: Maximum reward points customer can earn in one invoice. Leave it empty if you don’t want any such restrictions.
Redeem Points Settings:
- Redeem amount per unit point: It indicates the redeem amount per point.
For example: If 1 point is $1 the enter the value as 1. If 2 points is $1 then enter the value as 0.50.
- Minimum order total to redeem point: Minimum order total for which customer can redeem points.
- Minimum redeem point per order: Minimum redeem points that can be used per invoice. Leave it blank if you don’t need this restriction.
- Maximum redeem point per order: Maximum points that can be used in one order. Leave it blank if you don’t need this restriction.
- Redeem point expiry period: Expiry period for points earned by customer. You can set it in months or year. Expired points will get deducted from customer account automatically after this period.
NOTE: You must set the cron job for expiry feature to work. Cron Job Document
To display customers remaining reward point in invoice you can choose the option in invoice layout to display it.
Tax Rates, Tax Groups & Disabling tax
- To add new tax go to Settings -> Tax Rates -> Add
- Add a descriptive name (eg: “VAT@5%”) and specify the “Tax Rate%”
- Sometime you will need to apply multiple taxes to an invoice or purchase. So you should create tax groups by combining multiple taxes.
- To add a Tax Group – Click on Add Button, Give a meaningful name, select the tax you want to use in this tax group.
- The tax rate of tax group will be the sum of tax rates of Sub-taxes added.
- If sub-tax is edited the corresponding tax group’s tax rate will also get updated accordingly.
- You cannot delete a Tax if it is used in a Tax Group.
- Don’t add Tax Rates in settings
- Go to Settings – Business Settings.
- Uncheck “Enable inline tax in purchase and sell“
- Uncheck “Enable Price & Tax info“
- Select “Default Sale Tax” as None
Setting Ultimate POS for Indian Users or other Country with GST support
We see a large number of Indian users preferring UltimatePOS, so writing this guide to help them use the application in a better way.
3 Different taxes in India:
- CGST (Central Goods & Services Tax)
- SGST (State Goods & Services Tax )
- IGST (Integrated Goods & Services Tax)
Go to Settings -> Tax Rate setting.
1. Create a tax with name CGST@10% and Tax Rate %: as 10. (10% is for example only, use the tax rate applicable)
2. Create a tax with name SGST@10% and Tax Rate %: as 10. (10% is for example only, use the tax rate applicable)
3. Create a tax with name IGST@14% and Tax Rate %: as 14. (14% is for example only, use the tax rate applicable)
4. Below Tax rate, it shows “Tax groups ( Combination of multiple taxes )”. Create on Add, enter the tax group name as Intra-State-CGST-SGST and select sub-taxes CGST@10% & SGST@10%.
5. Below Tax rate, it shows “Tax groups ( Combination of multiple taxes )”. Create on Add, enter the tax group name as Inter-State-IGST and select sub-taxes IGST@14%.
With this now when you purchase or sell a product you can select the applicable tax.
Displaying HSN Code for items (For some business)
1. HSN code depend on the category of a product.
2. Go to Settings -> Categories, click on “Add”. Add category name and category code. Category code is same as HSN code.
3. To display HSN code in invoice – Go to Settings -> Invoice Settings -> invoice layouts. Add/Edit invoice layout and click on ” Show category code or HSN code”. Save it. Assing that invoice layout to your business. More details here
Above is a comprehensive documentation as per our knowledge on using Ultimate POS for Indian users, do check it out.
What is payment accounts in IONIC Shop?
Payment accounts are like for example bank account. You can transfer money from one payment account to another, deposit cash in payment account, pay to a supplier or deposit the amount received from a customer here.
Enabling Payment account
- Go to Settings ->Business Settings -> Modules
- Enable payment ‘Accounts’ option
- Save it.
- After saving you will see the “Payment accounts” option will be visible in left navigiation bar.
Adding expenses and Adding expenses for an employee
Adding expenses and Adding expenses for an employee
UltimatePOS allows you to add expenses for an employee. Thie expenses can be Salary, Bonuses, Perks, travel expenditure or anything else.
– Simply create a category for the expense you’re adding. Adding relevant categories helps you to classify expenses and analyze them.
– Go to Add Expenses, fill the details, select the relevant category and select the employee name expense for fields.
– Add the expense.
– To view details of all expenses for an employee go to “Sales Representative Report” and select the User. It will show the total expenses for the employee. You can also view the list of expenses from there.
What is Stock Adjustment? And how to use it?
Stock Adjustment helps you decrease the goods you hold in stock, you can enter manual stock adjustments. It’s generally used to write-off damaged stock, or to adjust quantities after a stock take.
To create a stock adjustment
- First, go to “Add Stock Adjustment”
- Select the Business Location & date
- Select Adjustment Type (Normal Or Abnormal). Normal Or Abnormal is generally used to classify adjustment.
Generally Normal Adjustment meaning: Adjustment for normal reasons like Leakages etc.
Abnormal meaning: Adjustment for reasons like Fire, Accident etc.
- Add the products & quantity you want to decrease the product.
- Total amount recovered: Sometimes you can recover some amount from the damaged stocks, like from insurance claims, selling of scraps etc. If there is no amount recovered then you can simply make it 0.
The quantities entered for each product will be deducted from the available quantities.
You can view the details of stock adjustment in “Stock Adjustment Report”.
Also, Stock Adjustment is used in Profit & Loss Report (P & L Report). “Total Stock Adjustment” amount is deducted from (P & L Report) and “Total Stock Recovered” amount is added to Profit & Loss Report.
Enabling Backups (Backup in Server, AWS S3 & DropBox)
Setting up Email/SMTP for Forgot password & other email notifications
Setting Email for Forgot Password & Other application wide emails
Email functionality is used in some part of application like “Forgot Password”, “Offline Payment approval for SaaS module” and others from time-to-time.
During installation steps, you can set up email setting with all “SMTP” details or if you’re server support php-mail then you can use that too (php-mail is not recommended)
But if you have not setup it correctly then you can follow the below steps to do it:
- Open you .env file
- You will find the below configurations present there
- Fill in the appropriate details, you can get in contact with your hosting provider for any of the values above.
- For example with Gmail it looks like below:
- Some hosting disable port 587 and due to that email may not work, contact your hosting provider & they will enable it.
Business Settings allows you to set some of the common business-related information.
Here you can change:
- Business name
- Start Date
- Set Default Profit margin
- Financial year: For some countries, financial year starts from January and for some it stars on April. Here you can set the appropriate option for your country.
- Tax information
- Product SKU prefix
- Default Sales discount
- Default Sales tax